Contacting Craig

To contact Craig for speaking or interview opportunities, email at craigd2599@gmail.com
Visit his website (Big Fat Grace) at www.craigdaliessio.com


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Homeless Graduate: My journey to Liberty University Class of 2012...10 days

Tired.
I am so tired I can hardly sit here. Yesterday I worked 12 hours and then did my school work. I'm weary. My daughter will not have to do it this way. I'll make the sacrifices I have to, to see that she goes to college when she is supposed to and doesn't have to work this hard to survive while she finishes her education.
That said...it's not going to beat me. I'm as good as done now. I am going to work hard through the weekend and finish early so I can go to Lynchburg next week and enjoy myself for a few days.
I'm excited. I'm thrilled. I feel like I've done something that defies odds. And I feel like something that was eating at me for most of my life has been quieted. The hole in my bucket has been filled.
So what's next?
In June I'm going back home to Philly and my friend Tony Luke Jr. and I are writing a book about his amazing weight loss over the past year and the way he used it to inspire thousands of others to get ahold of their life and make changes. I start a new job this month here in Nashville. I have a few speaking engagements booked in October. My Christmas book "A Ragamuffin Christmas" comes out in September through Liberty University Press. I've launched a Life Coaching and Personal Development service called "The Little Old Ant Group". Next year I have two books to write, one is a re-telling of the Prodigal Son in a modern setting. It's got some very clever twists and it's a moving story. I plan on updating and revising "Harry Kalas Saved My Life" and re-releasing it next Spring or sometime thereafter. And in January 2013 I'm starting my Masters. I haven't decided between A Masters in Human Services / Executive Leadership or a Master in Theological Studies. I'll definitely do both, I just don't know which one to do first.
For the first time in a long time...maybe ever...I have a clear vision for my life and I am excited about the direction it is going. There is a huge difference between living life without a plan and without a goal or a dream, and living life on purpose. Finishing school showed me that I have goals and a purpose and it showed me I have what it takes to achieve no matter what the difficulties.
It has been so hard. Sometimes I look back at all I lost...my home, my pets, time with my daughter, a career that paid me handsomely...and I cry. This has hurt. It has HURT and I can't get back the things I lost. But what I have gained has been priceless and it has made me see the vision for life I was supposed to see.
And now it's onward to better things and better times.

Until tomorrow,

Craig
2012

No comments: